Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Texas Governor




by Joe Gokaho 2010.2.10 D3

I attended a GOP Texas Governor candidate rally at a local restaurant over the weekend. One asked why do I want to support Kay Bailey Hutchison, not Rick Perry? I am simple minded person, and my rational or irrational reasons are as follows:

1. Term limits - I think there is a reason for that. Kay is a good person, so as Perry, both of them have been on the same job too long. It's time for a change for both of them.

2. There are many projects that are driven by interests group, rather than "grass-root" demands. For example: The nice rest areas along Texas highways are great improvements over the olds, I use them often. But why did it cost 12 millions per rest area? I want it nice, but 12 millions a pop?? Gee

3. TxDot - is a mess. Transportation is an issue that affects everyone. Kay wants to get TxDot in order, if she can, it would a very positive effect toward prosperous economy.

# # #
Picture of Commissioner Wolff - interviewed at a Kay Bailey rally