Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Merrell Men's Chameleon 2 3 4 5 Moab Stretch Ventilator


   
 
I fall in love with Merrell and the Gore-Tex.  After 9 years,
The best, the most comfortable pairs was Merrell Chameleon 2.  The quality seems to have degraded for the years, and I have accustom to the less comfortable shoes too.




I hope the latest verions Chameleon 5 will make a real comeback in my neck of the woods..



# # # # #




I used think Merrell style shoes were ugly. It doesn't look like any of the court shoes like Tennis shoes, basketball shoes etc.  After 2-3 weekends of hiking on natural, rocky trail with my favorite running shoes, I realized why many people on the trail wore the ugly shoes.


I found Merrell generally have good reviews or achieve the sweet spot for the performance and value perspective.  I like the shoes with Gore-Tex, it does wonder in the rain - keeping my feet dry.

Chameleon - a bit more serious hiking, on uneven terrain
Moab - a bit more suitable for walking on non-paved, yet even surface.

Chameleon vs Moab - Nylon arch support / sole design

Ventilator vs stretch ??